Thursday, May 15, 2008

David Cook will be Rockin' The Finale of A.I.



It is good to see the show has redeemed itself from last year's dismal flop of talent. It will be interesting to see who wins. In years past, I have been disappointed that it has turned into a popularity contest and not a singing competition, but sometimes it is better that way. Take for instance, Taylor Hicks a couple of years ago. He would have been better off not winning the show and staying true to what got him that far, instead of just falling off the face of the Earth. So I am kind of wondering if it would be better for David Cook not to win. He has been my pick from the very beginning of the season (and Mendi's for most of the season), which is no surprise because of the other "rockers" that I have picked to win in the past like Bo Bice (credit goes to Carrie Underwood) and Chris Daughtry (who knows what the heck happened there). Neither one of those guys won and they were able to continue on in their own paths as opposed to molding to the Idol label for the next year.

D. Cook has to be the most original contestant ever to grace the show, and in my opinion, should be the hands down favorite to win next week, but there sure are a lot of little young teeny-boppers in the audience that can't seem to get enough David A. (he annoys me; OPEN YOUR EYES!). They are probably the ones that text their vote for him for two straight hours as well. For some of us, it is just not that important and we just enjoy watching the show. So Rock On Cook!!!!

I attached this video clip, because it is still one of my favorite performances that he gave.

1 comment:

Momg said...

I now know what you do at work all day! LOL~ I agree, D.C. ROCKS!~